Wednesday, May 26, 2010

These Are The People In Your Neighborhood

Will my blogging ever make sense? its highly doubtful. Only to those that really know me and myself. And those that really know me are so few and far in between, its really just a me, myself and I thing.
Last year I started out a year with amazing potential. Or what I deemed as amazing potential. I felt like I held a full deck of cards when it came to my genuines. But, slowly I learned, nothing is never to be taken for granted. Or assumed. Or presumed. Or counted upon. 
Life is not easy. You must give to receive. You must listen to be heard. You must share. You must withhold when you want not to. Sometimes you have to be quiet and just listen. Sometimes you must keep your thoughts to yourself. You may have to agree when you do not agree. Sometimes you follow when you should lead. Or you lead and then you you know you should have hung back and followed.
Or you share too much. You think you can be yourself and be who you are, and you then you find out, no, that was not how you should have played that hand. You should have held the poker face.
You then learn all things about you that you didnt know, but all at the same time, you need to know. 
The old adage is true. You are never to old to stop learning.
And you implement those things into your life. You bring change. You foster differences. Because if you do not, you have lost all of the people in your neighborhood for naught.
I am by no means saying concede and go along with the Big Bang Theory that everything about you was just moan and groan and piss and ill will. I do not believe that, but can you be woman enough to look back and say, "Why, you know what, that is right? I did di that? And yes, that is true" Sure, I can.
Is being 37 like being 17 again? In so many ways, its not even funny.
The best part about it? I am smarter now and know better how to deal with things, am more mature, can step back and away from the situation and no matter how long, even if it is forever allow the healing process to begin.
No matter what your neighborhood consists of, no doubt they are important to you, so no matter what, never let them forget that.
Peace out.

No comments:

Post a Comment